Wavelength Electronics designs and manufactures precision electronics for critical semiconductor Laser Systems. Our controllers are used in challenging applications like surgical equipment, medical tests, dangerous chemical detectors, climate research – and other technology that significantly improves lives.
We’re looking for a Sales Engineer to join our well-established team. We have earned sales through excellent customer service and strong relationships with customers and international distributors. We’re growing and need to expand our team. You’ll help laser engineers integrate our OEM drivers and temperature controllers into their systems or help researchers run experiments with our touchscreen instruments. We’ll train you to operate all WEI products and understand how they help laser engineers design high performing systems. This job is ideal for a Physics or Engineering graduate who wants to see a wide range of laser applications in action.
The team you’d be joining is well trained, takes pride in their work, and comes to work with a smile. We build the electronics here in Bozeman, at our state-of-the art facility. It is a friendly, respectful environment. Individuals have autonomy over their work with support for questions and brainstorming from senior members of the team. This role is an opportunity to join one of Bozeman’s longest standing high-tech photonics firms.
Benefits include competitive wages, paid health insurance premiums (100% for employee AND dependents), HSA contribution, 401k, paid vacation, sick leave and holidays, and an excellent working environment.
- Simulate customer setups and provide complex troubleshooting and technical support to key accounts and remote account managers (after training).
- Answer customer questions accurately, with an eye on maintaining strong, long lasting relationships
- Examine warranty claims and handle customer returns and exchanges [Our RMA rate is less than 0.1%!]
- Process orders, quotes, and RMAs according to written procedures
- Manage key accounts. Determine their pain points, solve their problems and earn design wins
- Continuously learn new account management strategies and tactics working with the other sales engineers and management
- Growth opportunities: Help engineering with new product testing, update data sheets, help design & test product variations. Potentially travel to Photonics West.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Requires a 2-year degree in a technical field or equivalent experience and two years experience in B2B customer service
- Understands and can troubleshoot basic electronic circuits and read schematics
- Familiarity with Labview programs and USB interface software a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT WAVELENGTH IF YOU ARE…
- Satisfied by solving customer problems: You care about learning clients’ pain points and solving their technical challenges.
- Good at building trust: You want the best outcome for the customer & this shows in every interaction.
- Curious: You like to learn what our customers are doing and how the right electronics can prove their new design is solid.
- A self-starter: You take initiative to improve systems and reach out to customers.
- Principled: You maintain unparalleled integrity, confidentiality, discretion, and judgment. You own your mistakes.
- Personable: You are professional with both written and verbal communication. You are sociable and earn the trust of the team.
- Playful: You have fun while working hard. We laugh and celebrate wins as a team.
DOES THIS SOUND LIKE YOU?
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com explaining why you’d like to join our long-standing team.
Pay: $60,000 to $80,000 DOE.
Wavelength Electronics Inc. is a woman-owned and operated equal opportunity employer. We are committed to creating an inclusive work environment where creativity and diversity thrive.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org